When you have sensitive skin it is very difficult to try a new product or introduce products into our skin care routine without the fear that you will get an allergic reaction from the cream or lotion. Sensitive skin will react as a red puffy rash or blotches all over the face and neck area if it comes into contact with a product that has too many chemicals or too harsh chemicals in its ingredients this is why it is very difficult to chose an acne treatment that is strong enough to fight bacteria and the causes of acne yet gentle enough on the skin so as not to irritate it.
The safest method to test against a skin allergy is to try the product on the soft skin of the neck behind the ear this area is similar to the face so it will have the same reaction. If after five days there is no rash or red patches then it will be safe to try the product on the face. A good trick is to cover the product with a band aid so that it doesn’t wash off in the shower and you can safely say that it has been on your skin for the whole five days. What are the best acne treatments for my sensitive skin?
Experts say that the best and safest products to use on sensitive skin are natural botanical products that contain no chemicals. A combination of natural oils and bacteria fighting agents can greatly improve the appearance of acne without putting any stress on the skin. There are many natural products that help sooth and fight acne while moisturizing the skin such as honey and aloe vera and these can be applied directly or within a cream or lotion. Honey has natural anti inflammatory ingredients that help sooth the inflamed skin of a person suffering from a breakout. The honey also contains natural moisturizing and anti bacteria agents that will fight the bacteria causing acne.
Aloe Vera also has anti inflammatory and moisturizing agents that are soothing for sensitive skin. |You can find many ingredients in you cupboard that when applied to the skin will keep it bacteria free while retaining essential moister. Oatmeal mixed with honey is a perfect mask to apply to the effected skin for 15 minutes then wash off with warm water for soft clean skin. Lemon juice is a natural antibacterial agent and when applied
to the skin has an astringent affect on pores keeping them tight and oil free. Making sure you drink plenty of water and eat lots of fruit and vegetables with minimum junk food will have a major effect on your skin also.
Products that contain a high content of essential oils and botanical extracts will nourish and hydrate the skin without aggravating any excising skin conditions. If you want to buy over the counter products for convenience then make sure the product is FDA certified so as the natural ingredients are within recommended minimum guidelines. Make sure that you use products that are specifically designed for your skin type and will contain no harsh chemicals to aggravate your skin further. Glycolic acid with PH 4.4 or closer to 7 is a product that will help cure your acne breakouts while being kind to the skin. You can use glycolic acid gels, creams or lotions to wash your skin getting deep into the layers and unblocking pores. Glycolic acid releases active oxygen which attacks and kills acne causing bacteria helping to keep your skin clear and clean Tips for acne prone sensitive skin.
1) Keep your skin clean and pores tight to prevent bacteria and grime blocking the pores.
2) Avoid over washing your face as this can dry out the skin causing the sebaceous glands to over work making the problem worse.
3) Use mild lotions or gels to wash face morning and evening followed by an alcohol free toner and oil free moisturizer all products must be for sensitive skin type.
4) Salicylic acid is an ingredient that can be found in many cleansers and moisturizers that is very good for fighting acne and blackheads. It will keep the pores clog free by exfoliating gently but deep within the layers of the skin.
5) Minimize the use of make-up and when you have to apply make up make sure you have oil free and noncomedogenic foundations and powders that will not block your pores causing an acne break out.
6) Fake tans and Sunscreens have a lot of pore blocking ingredients so stay away from these unless you buy a specified acne friendly brand.
7) The most important tip is to never ever go to bed without removing make up as this would be the number one cause of acne breakouts due to blocked pores and the infestation of bacteria in the skin. Always cleanse tone and moisturize before bedtime with the skin appropriate products.